Sunday, April 14, 2024

Back to Work

Meet Mabel - Isabell Kraemer’s newest pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry.
Mabel is an open front cardigan. 
It is worked seamlessly from the top down using the contiguous set-in sleeve method (developed by Susie Myers) to shape the shoulders and sleeve caps. 
Knitting starts with the back part of the neckband/collar. 
Stitches are then picked up from the long edge of the neckband. Increases are worked on both RS and WS rows to the final shoulder width, then the sleeve caps are worked simultaneously with the front neck shaping to sleeve separation. 
The body is then worked top down to the bottom ribbing. Sleeves are also worked top down, in rounds. No finishing required.

Isabell used a sport weight yarn for her cardigan. A few test knitters used a fingering weight yarn held together with a mohair/silk blend. 


I started this post yesterday in the store but was very tired after work.

My flight home was good but Friday was a very long day. Up at 5am and then a lot of walking at the Space Center. I was in bed at 2:30 Saturday morning and after a short sleep I was back in the store yesterday.

Thanks to everyone for their patience while I was away. I will be in the store tomorrow shipping orders.

I came home feeling very relaxed and will definitely do another cruise.

My vacation knitting. I was working on the Traveler Cowl on the right when I reached the part of the pattern where I need to start decreasing. I wasn’t sure that I had enough rows compared to my finished cowl (that was at home) so I started a new one. I had lots of yarn with me just in case. 

Dad and Fred are here for Sunday dinner - of course the Masters was on while we were eating.
I’ve shared pictures from our stops but I haven’t shown the cruise ship. I was on Royal Caribbean’s Allure of the Seas.















No comments: