Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Lola’s Pick Up Line

Lynn sent me a link yesterday morning for a great knitting tip from Laura Nelkin. This is another great application for Barber Cords. Thank you Lynn!!
 

From Laura Nelkin
Y'all! Do you dislike picking up stitches as much as I do? I discovered an easier way to pick up stitches and I want to share it with you!!!! You can use a spare circular needle or stitch saver (hollow silicone tubing) and carry it up the edge of your knitting.... watch this video and then try it for yourself on a swatch! SO EASY! MAKE PICKING UP STITCHES FUN!!!
I’ve added a few more colours of Malabrigo Arroyo. These arrived today along with a restock of Rios.

A soft and sturdy plied sport-weight, Arroyo has quickly become a favourite among knitters! It’s perfect for those everyday lightweight (but warm) garments, and the superwash wool means it’s easy to take care of. Think of it as Rios' baby brother! (And speaking of babies, it’s perfect for them too.)

We’re starting to see more sweaters, cardigans and vests designed with sport weight yarn. Arroyo will make an amazing garment. 



These 8 colours from Emma will be coming in Practically Perfect Halves for LYS Day. There are 200 yards on a 50 gram skein for those who need smaller amounts of fingering weight yarn.

Last year for LYS Day we had bundles with two skeins of Emma’s Super Silky. Here are the 6 new combinations coming next week.

I’ve lost a bag of yarn and I would like everyone to think really hard about where I put it. It was bothering me before I went away and I still can’t find it. 😂

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yarn yarn?? Check with the dogs…😆