Monday, April 01, 2024

Slice of Sunshine

I hope everyone had a good Easter weekend. I started this post and then there wasn’t time to finish yesterday. We had a great day with family but I was wiped out when they left. This is a picture from my past. Mom and dad thought Beth and I needed a bunny. This was our Easter present.
On Saturday I mentioned new Theme Packs coming from Emma’s. This cowl is called Slice of Sunshine (pattern purchased on Ravelry). You need one Theme Pack and 2 skeins of Practically Perfect Sock in the colour Whisper. The Theme Packs are online and should be arriving on Wednesday.

Playful and fun, cozy and bright… this colorwork cowl is a total delight! 

This stranded colorwork cowl plays with mini-skeins to create cheerful citrus slices that will brighten up even the coldest winter day. The rhythm of the stitches makes this a relaxing knit, while frequent color changes keep things interesting. When the cold weather comes, what could be warmer than wrapping up in a Slice of Sunshine?! 

This cowl is knit in the round as a tube and grafted together at the end to create a complete circle. I have included a video tutorial (linked in the pattern) on grafting in the round.






Jones Bakery made us a beautiful Easter cake.
The dogs were great yesterday.

I spent the day at home. I grafted the edging onto the second sleeve. Now I need to sew in ends and block the sweater again. 

I learned a good lesson on this sweater. I blocked the sweater before I sewed on the edging. There is a slight line where I grafted. I should have finished the sweater completely before blocking.
Beth and Fred say HI. Beth sits on the bench for dinner. Fred likes to put his front paws up - usually to try and get food off the table.

1 comment:

theresa said...

What a cute pic! Looks like you two are wearing ponchos. My sister and I rocked ponchos in the seventies too! :)