Thursday, April 04, 2024

Honey, I Shrunk the Stash

Honey, I Shrunk the Stash!!!! A design-your-own striped symmetrical triangle-shaped shawl knit from the top down, using the one-color brioche stitch. 

No, I don’t have a giant shrinking machine in my attic. But I do have a mindless pattern to magically shrink your stash! Think of this shawl as a blank canvas, a beautiful blank canvas for you to use your own creativity and instinct to design the shawl of your dreams using only your stash yarn. Leftovers, the beautiful advent minis you just received, random balls of yarn that are so old you can’t even remember who made it or where you bought it, or even completely intentional color choices, like those gorgeous one-of-a-kind skeins of artisan yarns you have but never want to use because you haven’t found the perfect project yet. THIS is the project. Go with your gut. Plan out your entire color palette before casting on, and then change your mind after a few stripes! Maybe you just want repeating stripes of 2 or 3 colors. Maybe you want a shawl that looks exactly like mine. I have created diagrams that are included in this pattern showing exactly how many rows I knit with each color (for every sample that I made) so that you can mimic exactly what I did using your own yarns (or maybe you even have the colors that I used!). I have even listed the exact yarns that I used in each Key included with the Stripe Sequences and diagrams. There is also a Coloring Page, so that you can plan out and design your own masterpiece. 

Feeling a bit unsure about your own color choices? I have included a special page in the pattern to help you with all my guidance and advice about raiding your stash for the perfect color combination! 

Skill level:
Beginner brioche friendly!! Basic brioche skills are not required, this is a fantastic pattern to learn with. One-color is like the garter stitch of brioche: you’re only ever brioche knitting!

This is the newest design by Lesley Robinson (Knit Graffiti Designs) and you can purchase it on Ravelry.

If you’ve knit socks or shawls you know that there is always yarn leftover. Most times it’s not enough for another garment but enough that you put it away because you can’t throw it out. Now you can pull these part balls out and knit an amazing shawl.




Lynn came in yesterday to give me a hand and unpacked a lot of boxes. We have new books!
Here is a link to all the new books.
This sweater is amazing!






There are 3 brand new colours of Malabrigo Rios.
210 Blue Jean
684 Camaleon
708 Cucumber

The April Crazy Beautiful Color has arrived.

Waves of periwinkle with raindrops of deeper blues and rusty swirls. Look closley and you’ll see pops of purples and peaches… April 2024 is like a dance in the spring rain! 

These are the Fir Rib Socks - Stephen West’s latest sock pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry.
Photos © Stephen West


Now I’m off to make muffins and then it’s time to knit.

No comments: