Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Secret Forest MKAL

Lisa K. Ross does an annual, late summer mystery knit-a-long and every year the yarn requirements are the same! This means any of the previous years’ patterns (Mountain Musings, Just Beachy, and Garden Variety) can be made with these kits, as well as her upcoming “Secret Forest”.

Here is a link to Ravelry to purchase the pattern for the Secret Forest MKAL.

Garden Variety

Mountain Musings. This shawl caught my eye last summer. It looks like a fun knit.
Just Beachy

Emma’s Yarns is making kits for the MKAL. 
They each include two skeins of Practically Perfect Sock in the main color and seven Practically Perfect Halves in coordinating colors
Our order will be placed on Sunday August 20th. All kits are available until that date. After that date there will be a limited number of kits and the kit price will be $240.00.


The kits will be in the store before the start of the MKAL.

What to expect:

  • unique construction
  • lace
  • elongated and/or unique stitches
  • color changes
  • cable twists (no cable needle required!)

Rest easy! All techniques with charts also include written instructions. I’ve created tutorial videos to guide you through any new techniques. There is NOT any stranded colorwork, intarsia, or brioche. This design is intended for intermediate knitters, but could be suitable for an adventurous beginner.


Finished dimensions: 
It’s a mystery! Take a look at Garden VarietyJust Beachy, and Mountain Musings MKAL to get an idea of the general size.










I can’t decide which colour I want. I’m leaning towards Paper Daisy, Campfire or Al Fresco.

This morning I had an appointment with my surgeon for a check up after surgery. All is good. They tested my gallbladder and no cancer which is good news.

Now I’m spending the afternoon at home. After I finish my post I’m going to write a newsletter. Then a bit of knitting. I’m about to start the colourwork on Beth’s hat.

1 comment:

Gail Thompson said...

Great to hear all is well!