Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Same But Different

Cheryl Faust has a new pattern.

Same, but Different is a bandana style cowl, knit flat from the top down, similar to a triangular shawl. The distinctive patterning is simple to create, using the mosaic knitting technique. Carefully designed to integrate seamlessly from top to bottom, those captivating spine stitches are the prominent characteristic of Same but Different! But wait, there’s more … SBD also features a split seam at the back and a continuous I-cord bind off, for a beautiful and professional looking finish. 

The delightful shades of Spincycle’s Dream State combine beautifully with a DK or worsted weight yarn to create a unique and one of a kind knit accessory. Simply choose your favorite combo for an engaging knit you’ll not want to put down. 

Same but Different includes fully written and charted instructions. Each section is thoughtfully explained to guide you from start to finish. I highly recommend following the video tutorial provided in the pattern for the I-cord tab cast-on.

You can purchase the pattern for Same but Different on Ravelry.

One test knitter used Rowan Felted Tweed for the main colour and another used Madelinetosh Tosh DK. You can use Arranmore Light or Malabrigo Rios. For the contrast I would suggest Dream State.


I had a great day with the dogs. They were well behaved and Fred slept a lot. I was able to do some knitting. Sleeve one of Alpine Bloom is 65 rows. Sleeve two is at 45 rows. Then the lace cuff which is knit separately and grafted on.






Here is a picture of the bathroom progress. We decided to put in a pine ceiling. It looks great.

I didn’t do any work today and I’m not going to start now. It was a real lazy day. Now I’m going to go back to my sleeve and watch the Jays.
 

1 comment:

Melissa Pruden said...

I agree the pine looks amazing in the bathroom! Fred really loves snuggling with Jackson it’s soo cute!