Friday, August 25, 2023

Eva Cardigan

PetiteKnit has a new DK weight cardigan pattern that you can purchase on Ravelry.
The Eva Cardigan is worked from the top down. First, the top part of the back yoke is worked back and forth with increases, then the shoulders are worked from stitches that are picked up and knitted along the top of the back yoke. Stitches are then picked up and knitted along the shoulders, and the rest of the yoke is joined on a circular needle and worked with increases for the V-neck. The rest of the body is worked back and forth on a circular needle, and the sleeves are worked in the round. At the end, stitches are picked up and knitted along the front edges and a wide front placket is worked in 2 x 2 rib.




Your yarn choices are endless. I think my choice would be Arranmore Light.
Here are a few more in progress Alpine Blooms.

This is Christel’s.
Here is my Alpine Bloom so far. I love knitting it! I’m using Tealicious Practically Perfect Sock and Rusted Rainbow Dyed in the Wool.

Linda sent me a picture a few weeks ago and I forgot to add it to my post - sorry Linda. Another great combination. This is Sea Me Now with Nostalgia.

Stephen West send out an email this morning. It’s almost time for his annual MKAL.

You can sign up (purchase the pattern on Ravelry) anytime starting September 2nd. Once Stephen has more information I will start making kits.
MKAL stands for Mystery Knit A Long: It's a fun, social activity where knitters from around the world make the same shawl project throughout the month of October. Nobody knows what the shawl will look like— but you can expect a stunning work of art filled with exciting techniques and detailed video tutorials demonstrating every section of the shawl. Each Thursday in October, starting October 5th, a new clue (set of instructions) is revealed as a PDF update, so you get to watch your shawl grow and evolve one step at a time. The mystery element makes the knit along that extra bit more exciting and it's your chance to learn something new while having tons of fun!

I worked on the website today. Take a look at the front page to see what’s new.

This is Canyon from Rowan 74. I really want this cardigan (knit in Felted Tweed) but I have a few things to finish first.

Butress. Felted Tweed is used for over half the garments in the magazine.
Cascade
Himalayas Cardigan.

Now I’m going to knit. Cuff one of Alpine Bloom is almost finished. I could be blocking on Sunday. Yes, I will block the sweater myself. I have been known to try on a sweater while it’s damp to see if I need to add width or length.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The first cardigan is gorgeous and looks so comfy. I might add pockets. I like pockets. ;) The last intarsia sweater is beautiful, too!