Friday, August 11, 2023

Seashore Fade Shawl

I saw this beautiful shawl on Instagram a while ago and the pattern is now available. It is designed by a yarn shop owner, Marion Bulin, from Germany.

The „SEASHORE FADE Shawl“ is a huge shawl, that mimics the seashore with its wave pattern and its colours. You start with a few stitches only and increase on the left edge. You knit with two threads of laceweight silk mohair held together – this way you can play with colours and make them fade – from beach to the deep blue sea. 
You will need a total of ten 25gr skeins with 210 m/229 yards each. 
I used these colours and amounts of Malabrigo Mohair:

  • One skein colourway „Whole Grain“ (beige, varigated)
  • Two skeins colourway „Oasis“ (light green, varigated)
  • Three skeins colourway „Indicieta“ (teal, varigated)
  • Four skeins colourway „Under the sea“ (blue, varigated)

Any lace weight mohair will work but the Malabrigo Mohair is handdyed which adds to the beauty of the shawl. Also, no two skeins are the same which adds more colour variation. 

Here is a link to yarn options.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.



I started Beth’s hat last night. That didn’t go well. The pattern says to cast on x number of stitches. I decided that I was going to do a 2x2 rib instead of 1x1. I was sure that I needed to take 2 stitches off the cast on number. I cast on, did the first row and didn’t have the right number of stitches. The original number was correct. There were a few bad words before I started again. I did a few rows in the store today and should have the ribbing done soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, this shawl is truly lovely. Thanks for posting it.