Monday, December 19, 2022

Yarn Shopping

This afternoon I ordered new Opal sock yarn. The shelves are getting empty. This is the sock yarn that Jane always knits with when she makes socks for dad and Beth. Neither one of them looks after their socks. They go in the washer (with Tide) and in the dryer. 


I also ordered new colours of Cascade Eco +

Eco+ is 100% Natural Peruvian Wool. Soft and wearable, this wool lends itself to either garments or felting. With amazing, big, generous skeins, it's perfect for all sorts of garments like cardigans, pullovers and blankets.



Sarah knit this sweater a few years ago. Meet Magnolia Chunky. Sarah used two skeins of Cascade Eco +
From Sarah
I wanted the bottom of the arm to look more puffed when it was hanging so I ended up using a regular 1x1 rib with 6mm needless and decreased an extra 2 stitches. This way the rib is more snug on my wrist which forces the fabric to hang. 
Only a skein and a half. 8 mm needless. The medium size.
What a great looking sweater!
I was at the dentist before 8am and home before 10am. The root canal went as good as it could. I didn’t go into the store but will be there tomorrow morning packing orders.

No comments: