Saturday, December 03, 2022

Squish Me

Beth brought me lunch this afternoon and was wearing her Squish Me Cap. The pattern can be purchased on Ravelry. Of all the hats Beth has knit, this pattern is her favourite.

A slouchy hat in four sizes (XS/S/M/L) with a welted pattern that expands and contracts to give the piece luscious, cozy volume. The deep knit/purl texture gives body and definition to soft, luxury yarn blends, encouraging the hat to collapse into soft folds. Easy to work stitches and a simple, one-piece circular construction make this a great option for last minute gift knitting—one that travels well and is suitable for any age or gender.

She has made the hat many times but this is the one she wears the most. She loves knitting in hand dyed yarns. This yarn is discontinued but you have many, many options of fun yarn.

Beth walked around the store and thought that Malabrigo Rios needed to be tidied. 
She traded lunch for a skein of Rios in Liquidamber. She is going to use it for another Squish Me Cap. She has knit the hat in both DK and worsted weight yarns. Both work well.

Dad and Lucy just left and Beth has decided that I am going to finish her Flicker & Flame hat so she can start her new hat. Any minute she is going to ask me help her find needles. Someday I will get my needles in order 🤣. Maybe someone will give me a Della Q needle case for Christmas and put my needles all away. Beth are you listening?


1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

That hat looks so very comfy! I love the yarn colors, too. Keeping my ears warm in the winter is a high priority so comfy hats are always in every coat pocket. This one looks perfect!