Friday, December 16, 2022

Melancholia

This is Melancholia by Zanete. I have been following test knitters on Instagram and couldn’t wait for the pattern to be released. I emailed Zanete this afternoon and asked permission to use her pictures. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

As knitting is a great way to sit still and connect with your inner self, it has always been my go-to when I need to process emotions. All, even the not-so-nice ones, are valid, and we need to experience them before moving on. 

Melancholia sweater lets you create your own particular emotion sweater. It is a unique and beautiful knitting pattern you have never seen! If you’re looking for something special to knit this winter, look no further - the Melancholia Sweater Pattern is exactly what you need. 

The asymmetric colourwork will add subtle sophistication to your wardrobe while allowing you to express your personality. No matter what colours you choose in this pattern, they will come together beautifully and make an eye-catching piece. Who knew truly unique designs could be so easy?

My username is zaneteknits and my website is zaneteknits.com 

I have been knitting since I can remember. Firstly my dolls were covered in knitwear, then I started to make my own clothes around 12 years of age. 

I’ve made so many sweaters and cardigans over the last 30 years but never thought to write down the patterns. Until very recently a knitting friend of mine convinced me to give this a go. So, I’ve only just begun my pattern publishing journey in June 2019 and I’m loving every minute of it. 

I hope you enjoy making my designs as much as I like sharing them with you. 

I’m going to be very happy to hear from you in my Ravelry group Designs by Zaneteknits.

Follow me on instagram or youtube. 

Join my mailing list and be the first to know about new pattern releases, exclusive discounts, events and other news: https://go.zaneteknits.com/news






The sweater is knit in Trine and Dream State. Above is Trine 76 with Melancholia. We don’t have the Trine that Zanete used but we will in the new year. Below is Trine 7 with Overshadow. I’m still thinking about the colours that I want to use for mine.

If you don’t want to use Trine for the main colour I would suggest Le Lambswool, Woolstok or Cascade 220.

Mr. UPS and Mr. FedEx dropped off a few boxes today - Rowan and Lykke. The box from Malabrigo was already unpacked (and the website was updated) before I took this picture.

Malabrigo Noventa. I took this picture quickly before I left. I will take a better one tomorrow. This does not do the colours justice. They are beautiful.
A brand new colour of Malabrigo Sock. Meet Ursula.
The Bear Paw Socks would look great in Ursula with Malabrigo Ultimate Sock in Natural.
Last night I pulled out my latest Nightshift to finish it. Yes, there are a lot of dog toys. Jackson and Boscoe love to empty the toy box looking for the perfect toy to play with.
The cast off is almost finished. I packed the shawl in my Maker’s Satchel to bring to work this morning but I forgot it. 

I hope to finish it tonight.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Is that Noro yarn for your Nightshift Julie? It's beautiful.

Julie said...

Hi Trina
Yes I knit the Nightshift with Noro Ito.