Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Stashbusting

Break out your stash of odds and ends, and bust out this marvellous marled beanie! A couple hours and some deliciously simple knitting later, you’ll be looking chic and cozy and will be hoping for a cold snap!

Snap is an easy to knit hat from Tin Can Knits (pattern purchased on Ravelry). The hat is knit with 4 strands of fingering weight yarn on 6.5mm needles. I think you can knit the hat with a strand of DK weight with 2 strands of fingering weight. 

Think about all the small balls you have of leftover fingering weight yarn from shawls. Or how about the yarn that was left after you knit a pair of socks?


Andrea Mowry posted this on Instagram this morning. It’s time to stock up on her patterns.
Photos © Andrea Mowry
This is the original hat - pattern purchased on Ravelry.

On Saturday afternoon I started having unbearable pain in my jaw and up to my ear. I saw my family doctor yesterday to have her check my ears just in case that was the issue. It wasn’t so my dentist squeezed me in this morning. I’m seeing an Endodontist at 8am on Monday morning for a root canal. From the dentist I saw Trish for a haircut and then onto the store to pack boxes. While I was there Mr. FedEx brought a box from Biches & Buches.
Very Light Pink Le Petit Lambswool is back in stock. We’ve been waiting a long time.
Yellow Mustard Le Lambswool is now in stock.

I’m on Aleve and antibiotics and the pain is a much better. They’re making me really tired so I’m going to sign off and head to bed. I will be in the store tomorrow unless something goes really wrong tonight. Thursday morning - that is a question. It will depend if we get the freezing rain that they are calling for. If it comes then I will try and get to the store after it stops. Please call the store before venturing out on Thursday morning just to make sure I’m there.

No comments: