Monday, December 12, 2022

Flexi Flips

Laura Aylor has a new pattern called North Mountain. You can purchase it on Ravelry.
This raglan cardigan with lacey cables front and back and a small shawl collar is knit top-down and seamlessly. Front bands and shawl collar are knit on separately.

Laura designed the cardigan in worsted weight yarn so you have many, many options. I have knit a few of Laura’s patterns and they are well written.

Photos © Laura Aylor



Derecho is my favourite Laura Aylor pattern. Laura used tosh merino light.

A derecho is a widespread, long-lived wind storm that is associated with a band of rapidly moving showers or thunderstorms. One of these storms hit here in the eastern United States while I was working on my second knit of this pattern. 

A triangular shawl knit modularly in two directions to produce a pattern of interconnected stripes. Two circular needles are used to knit on one side at a time while keeping the other side’s stitches live.



My sock is growing. Andrea’s pattern (Bear Paw Socks) is well written and easy to follow. I decided to knit on Addi Flexi Flips Squared. I like knitting with double pointed needles and thought I would give the Flexi Flips a go. It was a great choice. The yarn is Malabrigo’s new Ultimate Sock and it feels good on my hands as I’m knitting with it. 

I really like knitting with the Flexi Flips. Here is Vicky Howell’s video showing you how to use them. 

Now I need to sign off and update the website. A big box of Addi needles arrived this morning.
We received Circular Ewenicorns and more will be arriving next week.

No comments: