Thursday, September 01, 2022

Twists & Turns

Welcome September. Welcome new Rowan.

Here are the brand new colours of Rowan Kidsilk Haze. 
Brushed Fleece has 4 new colours.
Martin Storey’s new book, Easy Fleece Style, has a lot of great patterns for Brushed Fleece.

Easy Fleece Style by Martin Storey follows hot on the heels from his hugely popular Easy Style. This time, Martin uses the popular Brushed Fleece to create a collection of garments and accessories for both men and women, plus some unisex designs. Brushed Fleece’s ability to create a warm and chunky knit whilst remaining lightweight, make this yarn an ideal choice for this latest collection.









You can find the new Rowan and Mode at Rowan books here.
There are 3 new colours of Rowan Felted Tweed Colour. Yummy!!!


The MKAL is back! The MKAL is my annual Mystery Shawl Knit Along and this year’s shawl is called is called Twists & Turns. We will cast on the Twists & Turns mystery shawl on October 6 and knit together throughout the month of October as I release a section of the pattern each week until the final design is revealed. The Mystery Shawl is a complete surprise, so when you sign up by purchasing the pattern, you only know what types of yarn and needles you need as well as some color recommendations.

SCHEDULE 
Sign ups - Saturday, September 3 

Clue 1 - Thursday, October 6 
Clue 2 - Thursday, October 13 
Clue 3 - Thursday, October 20 
Clue 4 - Thursday, October 27

When you purchase this pattern, you will receive an introductory PDF containing all the yarn information and details for the MKAL. You will receive the first instructions for the pattern on Thursday, October 6. Then, you will receive a section of the mystery shawl pattern each week until the final design is revealed on October 27.

Stephen suggests a main, a contrast, and an accent colour. The main and contrast are for most of the shawl and the accent is the embellishment.

I used the same two colours of Tosh Merino Light for the main and contrast and added a different pop for each.
Malabrigo Sock and Tough Love Sock.
Here are a few more in Tosh Merino Light. I was making kits as we were walking out the door. I hope to do more tomorrow.

My goal was to be in the store early this morning to start. That went sideways when I stepped on a nail in the garage. It didn’t go in very far but far enough. I feel fine and it doesn’t hurt to walk but I was 1/2 an hour late leaving home. Then I had my weekly chiropractor appointment followed by a trip to the doctor for a tetanus shot. I think this was my mom’s way of getting me to the doctor for a shot that was way, way overdue.


No comments: