Sunday, September 18, 2022

Happy Sunday

This is Sally Melville’s Poncho Grande. Ponchos are big again. They are easy to wear. If your tension is off a bit the world won’t end. When you knit a sweater you want/need it to be a certain size. No one will know if your poncho is a bit bigger or smaller than it was supposed to be.

This isn’t a new pattern but Sally reknit it using 2 strands of Cascade 220. You can use any worsted weight yarn including Tosh Vintage and Malabrigo Rios.

This is an easy piece to slip on and wear over anything, perfect for those in-between seasons (at least in my climate) when a parka is too heavy but an extra layer is required. It’s a quick knit that is stylish and never fails to garner compliments.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.


Tonight’s post is short because I want to get back to my sleeve. The second sleeve has been picked up and I’m knitting away. The first sleeve isn’t finished because I don’t have the correct needle at home for the ribbing. It’s hard to believe but I couldn’t find it. I think it’s in another project. That is easy to believe.

No comments: