Saturday, November 27, 2021

Sarah has a new sweater

Meet Felix (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Sarah knit her sweater with Rowan Tweed Haze in 556 Storm.

Sarah texted me during the week to tell me it was finished. 

Done the Felix sweater. Looks good. Sadly the yarn doesn’t show off the cute lace raglan detail very well but whatever. I’ll send pics probably Saturday

Here is my reply

Glad that you like the yarn. It is super soft. You can always put ribbons through the lace holes to show them off 👿

I thought my suggestion was good

Ribbons lol maybe not!
The lace does show up better than I thought! I did the second size and adjusted the length to be slightly longer. I did shorter ribbing too. Very thick but it feels light and lofty so I think it’ll be quite wearable inside even though it’s chunky yarn. 





The holes show up very well. I guess there isn’t any need for ribbons.
From Amy Christoffers who designed the sweater

A cropped top down raglan with an eyelet motif incorporated into the raglan increases. This was designed to be the perfect sweater to wear layered over tunics and dresses though I find it is well suited to high waisted pants as well. I suggest putting all the stitches on waste yarn and trying the sweater on before you begin the ribbing to be sure you have a length you will like and will enjoy wearing.

This is a very easy and very quick knit with a light aran weight yarn worked at a relaxed open gauge.

From Jenn Steingass (knit.love.wool)

You can find her patterns on Ravelry or on Gumroad.

Jenn designed Newleaf - a sweater that Lynn and I love.
Lynn and I were in the store early this morning and were able to get some colours outside for pictures. These are for the Inclinations Shawl.

Photo © Andrea Mowry
My shawl isn’t blocked yet but that hasn’t stopped me from collecting yarn for another one.😘

No comments: