Tuesday, November 09, 2021

Everyday

Andrea Mowry released a new pattern this morning.

This past year held many unexpected opportunities for learning more about myself and offered the time to slow down and reflect. I have thought a lot about what I reach for time and again in my closet, and how much that choice affects my mood for the day. I have found myself wanting to make and wear wardrobe staples that come to life in the details and go with everything in my closet! 

This sweater is knit from the top down (meaning you can try it on as you go and add length to suit your own personal style!), beginning with the collar. You will separate the sleeves placing them on hold while the body is finished and then the sleeves are returned to the needle, picking up stitches for the underarm for a totally seamless sweater!

You can purchase the pattern for the Everyday Sweater on Andrea’s website. 

Photos © Andrea Mowry



Here are a few different yarn options.
Lore from The Fibre Co. One of Andrea’s test knitters used Lore and it looks amazing.
Patagonia from Juniper Moon. We have more stock coming next week.
Arranmore Light from The Fibre Co. I started my post and came back to it. A test knitter just added her sweater knit in Arranmore Light.

We used Arranmore Light for Stephen West’s Dustland Shawl (pattern purchased on Stephen’s website).


Inspired by the breath-taking scenery of Ireland, Arranmore Light yarn is spun in a mill that traces its roots to the homespun tweed industry of 19th century County Donegal. This DK-weight yarn blends cashmere and silk with fine Merino wool to create an authentic tweed yarn in a colour palette reminiscent of the wild Irish coastlands for makers who appreciate the best of luxury and tradition.

Here are the Lore mini balls. 

I’m home early today to meet a repair man. Our dishwasher stopped working on Sunday. It’s all fixed now. Washing dishes is not something that either of us like to do. Beth brought out the throw away plates last night but I vetoed them.

Dad and Lucy are leaving early in the morning for Myrtle Beach. Dad is so excited to be heading south. We’re having an early dinner tonight so that he can get to bed early. I’m not sure that he will sleep. An early night to bed sounds like a good idea. Happy knitting tonight!


No comments: