Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Crosswalk

The new colours of Cascade 220 Superwash Merino are now available online and in the store

220 Superwash Merino is a truly classic worsted weight yarn with the softness of merino. Use this total easy care yarn for adult and child garments and accessories that need that extra touch of softness.

We knew that you can wash the yarn in the washing machine but I just read on my supplier’s website that it can be tumble dried on low.

Both Lynn and I have made an afghan from this book. There are 60 different squares and you choose 20 for your afghan. It was fun to play with different stitches and the finished afghan is gorgeous. We both used a yarn that was very close to the Cascade 220 superwash merino.

I don't think that the book is still in print but you can purchase it on Ravelry.

Photos © Stephen West

Stephen West has a new pattern. Meet the Crosswalk Shawl.

Collect four shades of DK weight yarn and fade or stripe them together from light to dark. Several geometric arrow motifs are achieved with texture, eyelets, or slip stitches as you knit this top-down shawl. Simple garter stitch sections offer a break from the patterned arrow motifs. Enjoy a beautifully soft yarn like Walk Collection Merino DK or gather any DK weight colors to knit this semi-circular pattern.



You can purchase the pattern on Stephen’s website.

Lucy is back in her favourite spot. We haven’t told her that Jackson laid there while she was gone.

My dentist appointment went well today but I came home with a headache. I stayed home and did some work before having a nap. I'm jumping between a newsletter and my blog post. Neither is going the way I had it planned in my head. I think it's time to turn off my computer. The newsletter will get finished tomorrow.

No comments: