Monday, November 15, 2021

Outerwear

I wore socks for the first time since last winter. Sweater weather is here!!! 

Fiona Ellis has a new hat pattern called the Tremblant Hat. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

A fun and cosy hat with an added touch of whimsical flair. 

Chevron patterning is used both as a smaller scale around the hat and a larger scale feature as a panel. Worked in just two colours, the stranded colour work floats add an extra layer of warmth. 

The top of the hat is completed by making I-cords that spill from the crown. This is an optional detail which could also be worked as short cords, knotted together for a less whimsical look. 

The patterning is part of my on-going fascination with chevron & herringbone patterning. A carpet seen while I was in Mount Tremblant was the springboard for this specific design. 

The hat can be easily lengthened to give a more slouchy look. There will be enough yarn in the two skeins to be able to do this. 

Smallest size uses approx 150 yds /137 m MC & 100 yds /92 m of Colour A. 
Largest size uses approx 200 yds /183 m MC & 120 yds /110 m of Colour A.

Photos © Fiona Ellis



Essential Outerwear is back in stock.

Complete your Essential Outerwear wardrobe this season with on-trend knitted pieces, ideal for throwing over your shoulders before stepping out into the cold. From oversized coats and ponchos to neat waist-length jackets, this collection of cosy outerwear provides the perfect top layer to complete your look. The subtle, autumnal hues of popular Rowan Yarns combine to create beautiful tonal outfits imbued with style and sophistication, while simple shapes and captivating textures will delight every knitter.








I was in the store early this morning to pack boxes. Mr. UPS came while I was there with two boxes from Malabrigo. We received Rios, Rasta and Sock.

This afternoon I visited the dentist for a cleaning. I know it’s necessary but I wish there was some way to work while I’m there. It seems like such a waste of time.

It didn’t help that I was really tired and would have liked to be napping. I had crazy dreams last night. In some of them I was putting together kits for Andrea Mowry’s Inclinations Shawl. I could find 5 skeins that went together but there was never a 6th.

Speaking of Inclinations, I am about to cast mine off. I think that I could work 2 more rows in each colour but I won’t be happy if I run out part way through the I-Cord bind off.

1 comment:

Fiona E said...

Thanks so much for the shout-out!