Sunday, November 07, 2021

Minis

Minis are so cute and the minis coming tomorrow are no different.
These are mini balls of Lore from The Fibre Co. 13 colours are coming.
Made in England’s historical textile region of West Yorkshire, Lore is 100% lambswool from the Romney sheep, locally known as Kent lamb. It is an honest woolen-spun DK weight yarn that blooms beautifully after washing, making it a perfect yarn for colourwork. Garments made from Lore will wear well and are perfect for everyday and special adventures alike.
25gram balls
62m (68 yards)
21 stitches = 4” knit on 4mm needles

Lynn just knit a sweater in Lore and loves the yarn. I will make sure to get pictures the next time she wears it to work.





In the Flow is a cowl knit with Lore mini balls. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
In The Flow is a generously sized cowl designed by Becky Baker to be an excellent project for the beginner knitter, or for any knitter who enjoys a simple, meditative project with beautiful yarn.

I didn’t know about this pattern when I placed my order and missed ordering these colours. We will get them on our next order. I know we can put together great combinations with what is coming. 







These mini balls will be great for colourwork - hats and mitts come to mind. A great mitten pattern is the Fiddlehead Mittens - you can find it on Ravelry. You will need a full skein of Lore and 5 mini balls.

They will also make great Jolly Wee Elves.
Follow the numbers for the larger elf on Churchmouse’s pattern (purchased on their website).

I will try and get these on the website tomorrow. I’ll be in the store early packing mail orders and then I have a Zoom meeting with Rowan to see the new yarns and patterns for spring. I can’t wait.

One of my balls of Dream State rolled across the floor and Jackson thought it would be fun to play with. Thankfully we stopped him before the ball was a mess. Our dogs have great taste in yarn. The more expensive the better.

No comments: