Thursday, February 08, 2024

Fiber Fest Shawl

Stephen West has a new pattern called the Fiber Fest Shawl. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

I designed this playful shawl to showcase those beautiful collectible skeins of yarn that you collect at fiber festivals. Fiber Fests are filled with inspiration as you discover new dyers and fascinating yarns to try. This top-down shawl works well with all kinds of color styles and contrast effects. Combine three colors of fingering weight yarn together and enjoy the rhythmic short rows and bands of two-color brioche. There are also tiny little bobbles decorating the short row rays. Subtle color combos will create a smooth shadowy effect while bold contrasting colors will produce a dynamic color pop style accentuating the architecture of this geometric pattern. The resulting shape is quite long and not too deep, the perfect size for showcasing your precious yarn collectibles.

This shawl is on my need to knit list. I love it. I started thinking about colours this afternoon and will put together some combinations tomorrow. 

Photos © Stephen West






I’m not sure what was going on this afternoon but before I knew it this happened.
Dyed in the Wool is no longer in alphabetical order. I’m putting like colours together. There is still some work to do but I like the direction it is going.
I couldn’t stop and this happened. Now it’s almost finished. Just a bit of tweaking tomorrow.

I’m hoping that Mr. FedEx comes tomorrow with a box from Noro. We are expecting two brand new colours of Ito.
Now I’m going to work on my Tessellated Vest. The kettle is boiling and we have Tournament of Champions (Food Network) taped from last night. The only problem about watching shows from the Food Network is you have to watch the TV to see what they are doing and that can cut into knitting time.

No comments: