Wednesday, February 28, 2024

59 & 60

Mr. FedEx stopped by this afternoon with the new colours of Noro Ito.

This is #59
This is #60.

Susan Ashcroft used one ball of Ito to make the Noro Fan Scarf (pattern free on Ravelry).


We also received some 9” circular needles from Lykke in 2.25mm, 2.5mm and 2.75mm.

I’m still deciding what to take to knit while I’m away. I have lots of partial projects but garments are too big to take

  • Tessellated Vest - pick up stitches on armhole and neck
  • Trinigan - pick up for sleeves and then do neckband
  • The Throwback - finish one sleeve and then do the front bands before steeking
Then there are some shawls
  • DRK Everyday Cowl - I’ll finish that in a day so I’ll need to have another project
  • Pelargonium Shawl from HH - that would require taking lots of mini skeins
  • Attune Shawl - brioche isn’t plane knitting
  • Stephen West MKAL - not plane knitting
  • Log Cabin Afghan - I’m at the putting together stage - definitely too big of a project to take with me
As you can see it’s a conundrum and I’ll have to start something new 😀. This also shows that I have a few more than a few projects to finish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your dilemma in picking a travel project. i can totally relate!

Marguerite Annen said...

When travelling I usually choose a very pretty sock yarn, and then knit a ‘vanilla’ sock with it as I sit in planes, trains and automobiles. Unless I know I am going to have a lot of time to sit and knit in peace, I rarely take anything complicated because I will just wind up making mistakes and getting frustrated. When I do choose a larger project, I start it on the trip and take just enough balls for the time I will be away. That way it doesn’t grow too large for travel. Have a great time!

Donna said...

Gotta love Mr. FedEx. Those colours are calling me. Have a great getaway.