Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Dear Diary

Alex used two skeins of Dyed in the Wool (Dear Diary) to knit Palmistry (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Alex used the fingering weight pattern. The designer also has a DK, Worsted and Chunky version.

Palmistry is the art of reading the future using the lines of the hand. The lifeline is the most important line in palm reading, and it is the star of these mittens. The thumb gusset is easy to work and creates a clean ridge along your lifeline. If you are looking for a mitten adventure, I predict you will find what you seek in the Palmistry mittens. The Palmistry pattern includes instructions for fingerless or full mittens. This pattern looks great in solids and speckles, but is particularly fun in self-striping yarn.


I’m flying to Vegas on Saturday night. The store will be closed on Wednesday and we’ll be open again on Thursday morning at 11am.
I need to figure out my travel knitting. 

Today was busy between a dentist appointment (in Smithville) and a hair appointment (in downtown Hamilton). Dad and Fred were here for dinner and now it’s time for a bit of knitting. Or a rest. I visited my doctor yesterday and I have a sinus infection. Between the infection and a headache due to the weather today I need to put my feet up.

No comments: