Monday, December 11, 2023

Traveler Shawl

Are you signed up for Andrea Mowry’s newsletter? There is a new shawl coming tomorrow. These pictures are from Andrea’s Instagram page.

Photos © Andrea Mowry
You can sign up for Andrea’s newsletter on her website. On the cover page she is wearing the new shawl.

Someone on Instagram asked what yarn could be used if you aren’t a spinner. This is Andrea’s response

I’ll be sharing lots of ideas in the newsletter and on the pattern pages tomorrow! But really- skies the limit! This will be a great shawl for playing with lots of different yarns, stash busting, marling, fading… it’s just as beautiful in one solid neutral color as it is color blocked or faded!

I’m excited because I did something very spur of the minute. I’m flying to Vegas on Saturday night and coming home Tuesday night on the red eye. I need something easy to knit and this shawl could be it. Maybe in Spincycle Dyed in the Wool.

Levitate is calling my name. But wait. There are two new colours of Dyed in the Wool coming this week.
Strawflower

Holy Toledo. I’ll have some decisions this week after the pattern comes out and the yarn arrives.

I didn’t get caught up on my Advent Shawls yesterday. 😂 I was further behind than I thought. I’m working on the sixth colour.

Maybe I’ll get some knitting done tonight. I was in the store most of the day shipping orders and then mopped the floor. I won’t win any awards but it’s better than it was before. 

I came home to mop the floors here too. Again, no awards but the house smells clean.

Dad and Fred were here for dinner and now they’ve gone home. After I finish writing I’m moving to the knitting chair for the night. We have hockey and two football games. I hope Beth will work the converter so I can knit.

No comments: