Sunday, December 03, 2023

Advent Knitting

#GivingTuesday
Thank you to everyone who donated. We collected $500 in cash and gift cards which will be divided between Ancaster Community Services and CityKidz. We also collected 115 hats and mitts. Dad will be taking those to Good Shepherd next week. 

The winners have been contacted and were very excited. Again, thank you to everyone who donated.

There was a knitting marathon last night and this afternoon. Beth and I have started 24 from the beginning. We watched the first season when it first came out (in 2001) but never watched the rest. We needed some binge watching TV and 24 was Beth’s suggestion. I was able to knit a lot last night because it was almost 1am when we stopped. Today we watched football but there could be a few more episodes of 24 before bed.
This is the first three days of my Emma’s Smalliday DK kit. I have the fingering kit as well but haven’t started it. I’m using the Flora Days pattern (purchased on Ravelry). This is the second attempt with the kit. I had the first three days knit using another pattern. The colours weren’t faded and I didn’t like the colour blocks. This is making me much happier.
This is my Hedgehog kit. I’m using the Hedgehog pattern Pelargonium which is free on Ravelry and love how the colours are working.
Fred is good but he had little boy surgery on Tuesday. He has to wear the cone for another week so Beth and I have been taking turns going to dads for dinner. Our dogs don’t like the cone but Fred is being very good about wearing it. 

No comments: