Saturday, December 09, 2023

Frosty Ice

I did a bit of yarn shopping today and we will have a new Opal collection soon. Maybe this week.

This collection is 8ply - a thicker sock yarn. You can knit this yarn on 3mm-3.5mm needles. Frosty Ice is a wool/nylon blend like other Opal yarns.

The yarn comes in a 150gram ball with 320m. 







This sock pattern is from Kate Atherley and calls for DK weight yarn - the same thickness as 8ply. You can purchase the pattern for Fast Forward - A Toe UP DK Weight Sock on Ravelry.

Photo © Andrea Mowry
I was just about to hit Publish and another sock pattern hit me. Andrea Mowry’s Bear Paw Socks (pattern purchased on Ravelry) will work with Opal Frosty Ice.

The start of day 8. I’m falling behind on my shawls. I should be able to finish 8 & 9 tonight on this shawl. It’s killing me that I don’t know where the colours are going. I’m not big on surprises. 😂  Tomorrow during football I should get back on track with my Hedghog shawl.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, those socks look so toasty warm! Beautiful colors, too!