Friday, July 07, 2023

Happy Birthday Beth

I’m feeling very good after resting today. If I feel like this in the morning I will be opening the store at 11am. I can’t guarantee that I will be there until 4 but I will try.
Melanie Berg has a new pattern that is stunning. The shawl is called Beachy Keen and you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 

Lose yourself in this shawl’s gentle waves of sand and surf, where textured bands of ocean blues and sunny oranges alternate against the smoky gray garter stitch background.

Beachy Keen is all about those easygoing summertime vibes!

Melanie used two full skeins of fingering weight (one skein each of two colours) and six mini skeins for the shawl. I will put together some combinations tomorrow if possible. If not on Monday.




Here is Doreen’s Alpine Bloom. She is using Practically Perfect Sock After Dark with Cold Comfort. When she started the colourwork Doreen emailed that she wasn’t sure about the colours but now she is happy with how they are coming along. I love them!

This is the largest of 6 fish. My dad looks so happy.
It’s hard to see but my dad is holding up a fish. Boscoe really wants it.

Today is Beth’s birthday. Buying her a present is hard because she never tells us what she would like. I had some great things planned for our next Vegas trip (golf and hockey/football) but she announced on Wednesday evening that she wanted a paddle board or kayak or canoe. Dad called me yesterday to ask where he could get her a paddle board. I told me that he couldn’t buy her one. She had to pick it out. Then he asked where they could buy one on the way to the cottage. There is a store 15 minutes from our cottage called Swift Canoe & Kayak. Dad was happy with this plan. They stopped this morning and after asking lots of questions they loaned Beth a board for the weekend. Beth played this morning and again after fishing. They are going to buy a board tomorrow.
Boscoe loved the board. Jackson not so much. Dad took this picture which is a miracle. He has a flip phone so using an iPhone is foreign. 

Now a bit of knitting while watching the beginning of the Jays game. Then a good night sleep!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth! Have fun with your paddle board and enjoy your time at the cottage with Dad and the dogs.