Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Life Jackets

Mr. Canpar brought in boxes today with a huge restock of Lang Linello. 

These two colours are new to the store.

This is from my post in April.

The pattern is called Easy (purchased on Ravelry). Diana started it on Saturday evening and finished on Tuesday. We used one ball of Lang Linello (colour 54-which is on back order from my supplier but more will be coming). If you want the scarf bigger then you will need 2 balls.

Shawlettes in garter stitch are my favorite: They look great in a colorful yarn, they are squishy and warm your neck, and they are so easy to knit that even beginners will enjoy making them.  

This shawlette is named “Easy” because it is just that: So simple to knit, but the biased construction and change of knitting direction will bring out the best of a multicolored yarn. It is long and skinny and can be wrapped around several times, or tied with a knot – and it uses only 459 yards of fingering weight yarn. 

Length: ca. 200 cm (80 inches), Depth ca. 24 cm (10 inches) 

You start in one corner and knit a long triangle until 50% of your yarn is used up. Then you change the direction and modularly add a second triangle (no seaming required) – and you have made a colorful addition to your wardrobe!

Diana and I talked about the needles and decided on 3.25mm. You might want to use 3.5mm - it will depend on how tight you knit. We didn’t want a loose knit for this scarf. It’s a personal preference.

Some people have been concerned because the pattern asks for more yardage than what is on a ball of Linello. We made our scarf a bit smaller than the designer and used the full ball. The pattern asks you to work 1/2 way through your yarn and then the pattern changes. You can make the scarf as big or as small as you want. You can knit the scarf in whatever yarn you want. Just do a swatch to see what needle size you like.

Last night the dogs tried on their life jackets. Jackson had one on as a puppy but not since then. He wasn’t sure what was happening.



Bosch wasn’t too sure. He loves swimming around the boat but it’s been a few years so he might have forgotten why he had to have this thing on.


Just a reminder about my trip to Chicago. This is to see yarn and accessories for fall.
This trip was planned pre cottage. I’m heading to Vegas for a few days. June 10th is Heritage Days and it’s always a slow day in the store. I was coming home on Tuesday but there could be a Stanley Cup final game in Vegas on Tuesday. I changed my flight so I could be there for the game. If I can get a ticket I’ll go to the game. Otherwise I’ll hang out outside the arena which is at my hotel. My hockey jersey is already packed.
I was about to hit Publish but something told me to check my email. Atenti shipped us bags today. These will be here in a week or so. Once they make it through customs I will put them online. 


1 comment:

julia in KW said...

I bought that last bag you posted when you got it in last time…I LOVE it!