Sunday, May 28, 2023

What a great day!

Thank you to everyone who visited yesterday. We had a great day. The parking lot was full of shoppers! The weather was beautiful - we couldn’t have planned it any better.

Thank you for your patience with the technical problems we were having. The line took a bit longer than it should have but everyone got their yarn.

The last thank you is to Lynn, Beth and dad for helping set up and then schlepping the leftover yarns back into the store. I have a lot of work to do on Tuesday. We threw bags and boxes everywhere. 

I’m home with Jackson and Bosco tomorrow. Dad, Beth and Lucy are heading up north because the boat is being delivered. They are going out to the cottage to take a look while they are there. Dad informed me that the fishing rods are in his truck.

We are very excited about Emma’s Yarn Smalliday sets coming this fall. There are lots of advent sets online but none of our suppliers make them. I can’t wait. There are so many patterns on Ravelry for advents sets.

“Smalliday Sets” are Emma’s version of advent sets. She calls them “Smallidays” because the idea is you open one “Small” a day for the first 25 days of December! Each of her 2023 Smalliday Sets includes:

  • 25 unique, individually packaged, and numbered “Smalls” – available in “Practically Perfect Smalls” (sock weight) and “Simply Spectacular Smalls” (DK weight). All 25 colorways were developed specifically for the 2023 set.

  • Love + Leche “Sweet Sheep” Lotion Bar in a custom, wintery scent

  • “Emma’s Yarn” logo sticker (NEW addition this year)!

  • “Emma’s Yarn” pin indicating Sock or DK set (NEW addition this year)!

  • Insert with fiber content and suggested patterns for both knit and crochet (Laura Nelkin is designing a new pattern especially for these sets)

    … all wrapped up inside an “Emma’s Yarn” logo cotton project bag (ethically sourced from Work + Shelter)

I am going to sit down and get the sets online this week for preorder. 

All we can tell you is…. this year’s set is all semi solids with speckles in bold, beautiful brights that you’ve come to expect from Emma.

I needed easy knitting this week so I have been working on my Temperature Blanket. I pulled it out a month ago and then got behind again. I need to pick up the pace. It’s time for the pretty colours.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Your outdoor sale looks like so much fun! I love seeing yarn colors in the sun and often take my color selections outside before I start a project here at home.