Saturday, May 20, 2023

Free Pattern Weekend Continues

This is the April Scarf from Hedgehog Fibres. The pattern is free.

Shallow triangle scarf that has plenty of length to be wrapped around the neck, while being light and drapey. Easy to throw on, warm and cozy. The yarn is absolutely sublime and the two skeins really go far! 

Mindless meditative knit and a great project for those prized skeins of ‘Oh So Fine’. 

Yarn: 2 skeins of Hedgehog Fibres Oh So Fine (100% Merino, 425m/100g). Pictured in Sea Glass 

Needle: 4mm/ US 6 or to obtain gauge. The scarf is worked flat.

Gauge: 24 stitches and 38 rows = 4’’/10cm in stockinette stitch, after light blocking

We have Sea Glass Oh So Fine in stock. 




Floops Stitch Markers are online for preorder.

My car was an absolute mess so I cleaned it out last week. There was a bag in the car with 9 Log Cabin squares. These are knit with Noro Ito on 5.5mm needles. All squares are the same colour. I worked on a square last night while watching the hockey. It was a hard pill to swallow but I’m not going to get Bluegrass finished in time to take to Chicago. I have worked out the numbers. I love knitting the shawl but cutting the yarn every few rows makes it a slower knit. I’m not complaining - it’s fun and I love the colors. I think I can dig up a shawl or two in the store to take.

No comments: