Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Embrace

Mr. UPS brought in a huge box from Emma’s this morning.

Everything is available online. Tomorrow I will unpack the box. 

While I’m going through the box I will be thinking about a new project. I need cottage knitting.
Photo © Andrea Mowry
This is Andrea Mowry’s Embrace Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

Embrace combines the brilliant and trusty combo of fading and garter stitch to create the perfect cowl. And with sizes for both kiddos and adults - it’s perfect for gift knitting!


This cowl is a fun and engaging knit that is knit sideways, twisted one half turn and seamed to close.

YARN REQUIREMENTS  

These are just approximations. Total yarn usage will depend on the yarn you use (fiber content, ply, etc.), your personal gauge, and any modifications you may make. 

12 mini-skeins of Fingering weight yarn to create a fade (20 g/88 yds/80 m) 
Total approximate yardage per size: 180 (203, 220) g/792 (897, 968) yds/725 (820, 886) m

This is a free pattern from Cascade. The Fuego Poncho is knit in Cascade 220 Superwash Grande.


Today was spent at the bank getting the money order for the cottage. Then I had to drive across town to another bank to deposit it. I think that is how the rest of my week is going to be. Before and after work there are errands to do and packing to be done.

No comments: