Thursday, May 11, 2023

Wisp Tank

Caitlin Hunter has a new pattern. This is called the Wisp Tank (the pattern can be purchased on Ravelry).

Wisp is a simple tank worked from the bottom up. The body is worked in the round and then the front and back are split and worked flat. The front and back are shaped the same with a low V neckline. Mine is knit using 2 strands of Oh Dang from The Farmer’s Daughte Fibers but can be made in any fiber, just make sure you can get gauge and like the fabric you create! I wear mine both alone on warm days and layered over dresses when the weather is cooler.


I love this tank as a wardrobe staple. Many of the testers have already made 2 versions of this top- it is so quick, easy and versatile! Please note that yardage usage varied quite widely depending on the fiber used. The yardage provided reflects the highest amount used by testers plus a little extra for swatching, so it is likely you will need a bit less than quoted here.



I am not familiar with the yarn that Caitlin used but when I look at the composition (Suri and Silk) and the yardage I think the yarn is the same base as Emma’s Suri Silk. There will be more stock coming at the end of the month - Fish Bowl, Set Sail and Love + Leche. There will be two new colours as well.
Cactus Flower. The yarn is photographed on Mohair - Emma hasn’t taken a picture of the Suri Silk dyed in this colour.
Love Drunk

There could be more colours coming at the end of May if Emma can fit it into her schedule. If not we will have lots more in June.

My dentist appointment was really long. I was feeling fine when I left so I stopped at my happy place. Terra.

These are the planters that came home for the store. A departure from purple but the pink was calling my name. Dad saw these and I thought he was taking one for his house.

Then the pain hit me when I got home. Now it’s not nearly as bad - I’ll definitely be in the store tomorrow. Beth is waiting for me so that we can watch Survivor. Have a good evening!!

No comments: