Thursday, February 02, 2023

Trinigan Again

Kathy emailed me pictures of her Trinigan. Another gorgeous version. Thank you Kathy for sharing.

I love it. Used Malabrigo Rios (hollyhock) and Noro Ito col.21. 

I talked to Kathy this afternoon and she said that Trinigan is so cozy. 

I loved knitting the Pressed Flowers Shawl and today on Ravelry there is a pattern for the Pressed Flowers Cowl.

All you need to know is knit, purl and how to slip stitches. The long cowl is shown and includes ‘Plain Stitches’. These are the rows of no flowers. I purchased the pattern to make sure what I was talking about before I wrote my post 😀. There is also a shorter cowl - the cowl just goes around your neck with no extra fabric. For this cowl you are only knitting the flower sections. The pattern is written out in words and there are charts. 

Photos © Amy Christoffers 
The cowl is worked flat and the cast on edge is sewn to the bound off edge in the finishing to join in a circle. ‘Plain Stitch’ section of the pattern is used in sizes 42 and 58 only.
The cowl is knit in DK or light worsted on 4mm needles. I think (just my opinion) you can knit the cowl in Malabrigo Rios on 4.5mm needles. This will make the cowl wider and you will have to watch how many rows you knit. You might have to take out some ‘Plain Rows’. If you are okay with a bit tighter knit you can knit with Rios on 4mm needles and follow the pattern. Again, just an opinion - I haven’t knit a swatch.


This is my Pressed Flowers Shawl knit with Roan and Dream State.

Pressed Flowers is a fun knit. You need to pay attention but it isn’t hard knitting.

No comments: