Sunday, February 12, 2023

New Project

This is Ambah O’Brien’s Grevillia Shawl. I have loved the shawl for quite some time and today I cast it on.

Gorgeous Grevilleas, a flower native to Australia, come in a wide array of colours. When I was choosing a colour palette for this design, I found myself drawn to light to dark pinky-reds. The airy lace pattern and range of colours remind me of the spiky, loopy flowers of these beautiful bush flowers. The Grevillea Shawl was designed to feature the ten colours of a mini-skein set, teamed with a main colour. Alternately this will knit up beautifully in a single colour: solid, speckle or gradient. An airy, asymmetrical triangle, this shawl will be fun to knit and lovely to wear all year round. 

The pattern includes both written and charted instructions to choose between.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.



This is the combination that I am going to knit. The main colour is Practically Perfect Sock Dusk Til Dawn. The mini skeins are from the Sailor’s Delight Theme Pack. I am taking out the first mini skein from the pack and adding in Winds of Change. This will tie the mauve in with the other colours.
Here is another combination. The full skein is Love + Leche. Choosing which was hard - I really like both combinations.
Closet Monster
Set Sail
Fish Bowl
Life of the Party
Cosmos
Lady Lavender
Mermaid Tavern
Lilac You a Lot
Sugarcoated
Grape to Meet You
My skein is wound and I cast on. The yarn is very nice to knit with. 
I have another order started that will go to Emma’s tomorrow. There will be more colours coming as well as more stock of the colours we already carry.

It’s time for football, tea and knitting.

No comments: