Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Snow Day Tomorrow

I’m about to start the fifth colour. There should be a lot of knitting tomorrow because it looks like the store is going to be closed. The forecast isn’t looking good.

The pattern for the Grevillia Shawl is well written and easy to follow. You can’t go wrong with an Ambah O’Brien pattern.
My day started with a visit from Mr. UPS. He brought in a box from Spincycle. A restock of Dyed in the Wool and two brand new colours of Dream State.
Water Witch
Sex on the Beach

I put together this combination for The Shift (this is kit #108). All three skeins are Absolute Zero. I’m a bit obsessed with three skeins of the same colour. If you missed it, here is my latest Shift using three skeins of Ranunculus. 
The cowl is finished and needs to be blocked but I didn’t get pictures so here it is while I was casting off.

I’m not sure why I decided to start on the Dyed in the Wool wall but I did and it’s finished. The wall looks great but the rest of the store is a mess. I was throwing balls of Crazy Zauberball everywhere to make room. Then I started to put Crazy on another wall and there isn’t enough room for all the colours. Sigh. That’s Friday’s problem.
If the weather clears up tomorrow I will open the store but if it keeps going how it is now it will be a snow day. My car wasn’t happy with the snow today.

No comments: