Thursday, February 09, 2023

Early Morning

It’s 7am and I’ve already been working for over an hour. Beth had to be up at 5 to get to a meeting out of town so I set my alarm to make sure she woke up. I could have gone back to sleep but decided to get up and place orders. A newsletter was started that could go out tomorrow. I am going to be dragging this afternoon.
Joji has a new pattern. The pattern for La Prairie can be purchased on Ravelry.

I designed this cardigan to use a very special set of yarns that create a color sequence where one color fades into the next one. However, La Prairie can also be knitted in a solid color. Instructions for color changes are given separately. 

PRO TIP: If you don’t want to buy extra skeins for your size, you can always change the amount of colors you use. 
I give you detailed instructions on how and when to fade, so instead of buying a second skein of all 5 colors, you can add a 6th color and make each color band a little bit shorter

Photos © Joji Locatelli


It’s 4:30 and I am starting to drag. I’m on dinner duty (Swiss Chalet) so I need to hang in the store until Beth is finished at work. I’m going to sign off early so I can relax after dinner. It’s a big day tomorrow. Emma’s Yarns are scheduled to arrive and Lynn is coming to work. I don’t want to ask her to come in too many times but there is going to be a lot to unpack. The store is also a total mess - she is going to help me try to make it presentable.
I had time for one combination. Hedgehog Twist Sock
Jelly
Gossip
Soundwave
Static
Graphite

Lynn is going to love me in the morning. There are at least 20 skeins lying out - I couldn’t decide what I liked the best. Talk about making a mess before leaving.
Fingers crossed our Hedgehog order will be coming soon. These two new colours will work in the fade for the cardigan. 
Beth just called so it’s dinner time. Have a good evening. Stay safe if you’re out. It is very, very foggy in Ancaster.

1 comment:

Peggy McKeil said...

Oooo!! I love, as always, your Hedgehog idea as a base for Joji’s beautiful cardigan! I think she’s designed a masterpiece, and I know you’ve got some yummy yarn bundle ideas brewing!👀