Thursday, February 23, 2023

Hipster

When I open my iPad it shows me pictures from the past. This morning it was Lynn wearing her Hipster knit in Madelinetosh DK. She used the colour Night Bloom. 

The shawl was designed by Joji Locatelli and you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

I confess not being able to channel my inner hipster too often… But sometimes I knit pieces like this warn and fuss free shawl and I can feel myself instantly transported to the coolest, little known coffeeshop in town… 

Do you have an inner hipster?  

And if you don’t, do you have a bit of time and some worsted yarn around you? I promise this is the coolest quickest shawl you’ll ever knit. 

You have many yarn options for the shawl.

Malabrigo Rios

Hedgehog Merino DK

Hedgehog Tweedy

Madelinetosh Vintage

Rowan Cotton Cashmere or Softyak DK

Noro Akari

Lynda knit this Hipster as a store sample in Tosh Vintage.

My Hipster knit out of Hedgehog Merino DK. I used 3 skeins of DRK. I left off the fringes. I thought about tassels and never made it that far.

Please don’t get caught up in the fancy stitch and over think it. Just do as Joji tells you and it works. My suggestion is to cast on 30 stitches with scrap yarn and try the stitch. You will see that it isn’t hard.

I was up and dressed to head to the store but I couldn’t get out of our survey. The weather was also calling for more freezing rain so I called it a day. My plan was to work. I updated the website and a migraine hit. The afternoon was spent in bed. It was a waste of a day but I guess someone was telling me to rest. 

A few rows of knitting and then bed. I want to get there early to clean up the mess I made yesterday. 

No comments: