Saturday, February 18, 2023

La Prairie

Today was the day to put together combinations for Joji Locatelli’s La Prairie. These kits are online and I will keep making more combinations. That is a chore for this week. I know that there will be lots more combinations in March when we received the new colours from Hedgehog and another shipment from Emma’s Yarns.

Photos © Joji Locatelli

I designed this cardigan to use a very special set of yarns that create a color sequence where one color fades into the next one. However, La Prairie can also be knitted in a solid color. Instructions for color changes are given separately. 

PRO TIP: If you don’t want to buy extra skeins for your size, you can always change the amount of colors you use. 
I give you detailed instructions on how and when to fade, so instead of buying a second skein of all 5 colors, you can add a 6th color and make each color band a little bit shorter
 

SIZES 
This pattern has a different sizing than my usual, since it uses a large pattern repeat and I had limitations with different stitch counts. 
There are 6 sizes, with 6” 15 cm increments around the bust. Please refer to the table of measurements to choose the perfect size for you. 
Sizes are labeled 1 to 6, for bust circumferences of 30-68” 75-170 cm. 
Recommended ease: 4-10” 10-25cm. 
Shown in size 2 on a 36” 90 cm bust.

The pattern is purchased on Ravelry.




In the bubble that I live in (which can be a scary place) all skeins in a sweater are the same yarn base. For example, Emma’s Yarns Practically Perfect Sock or Madelinetosh Twist Light or Hedgehog Sock. This is my issue. There is no reason why you can’t combine yarns.

I was definitely thinking spring when I put these combinations together.

These are Party Packs from Sweetgeorgia. 5 skeins that look awesome together.
Dad and Lucy are on their way for dinner. After they leave I’m going to sit and knit all evening long. I still haven’t made it to the colours on my shawl. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: