Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Rays

Linda came to pick up yarn today and she brought a shawl to show me. It was beautiful but not as beautiful as the shawl that she was wearing. I almost took it from her. I think I could take her 😘

This is Stephen West’s Dotted Rays Speckled Fade. You can purchase the pattern on Stephen’s website.

When Linda got home she emailed the colours that she used. She told me that she has just started Dotted Rays #5 in pinks and purples. I can’t wait to see it.

 







The yarn that Linda used as been discontinued but Lynn and I played and came up with a few combinations. 

From the left
Skinny Singles Kelp
Uschitita Vintage Rug
LITLG Single Lughnasa
Old Soul Fiber Single Rivendell
Skinny Singles Dove

This is the main part of the shawl. In the Chevron at the bottom of the shawl there are 2 colours. The lime green with a pink blend.

Linda used LITLG Singles Rosegold in the chevron and that is what I have put in.

Tosh Merino Light

Moonglow, Night in Chile, Copper Pink Solid, Dried but not Forgotten, Oak

Rosegold again for the chevron.

Thank you Linda for sharing! I think. Now I have another project on my list.

My shawl is growing. If you know Brioche it looks like I made a mistake in the last few rows. Andrea has you reverse the dominant colour. Then on the next row I will be switching back.

Beth sent this from the office. Someone was ready to go home. 

1 comment:

Julie Ann said...

That shawl is stunning.
Lucy says I'm done! Let's go!