Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Easy to Remember

I pulled out a project that I started last year. This is Luverne by Amie Opie. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. There are only 2 rows to the pattern which makes it an easy knit. Perfect for this weekend - there is a lot of golf on TV.

Luverne is a randomly striped, simple chevron shawl with a knit as you go “mock” icord edge. Once established, the two row pattern is easy to remember. The sample shown is knitted in fingering weight yarn, but it can readily be adjusted for a sport or DK weight. Luverne is also a small town in south Alabama, and is self acclaimed to be the “friendliest city in the south”!

I’m using different single ply yarns from Hedgehog and Uschitita. This is a great project for using up those special skeins of yarn that you purchased but don’t know what to use them for. Most of us gravitate to the same colours so your skeins probably go together.

The picture makes the piece look short - I’m about 1/3 of the way through the shawl.

My Flicker & Flame hat is almost finished. If I would remember to bring home double pointed needles I could finish it.


 
This is how I found dad and Lucy this morning when I stopped on my way to work. Lucy has a bag of corn on her leg.

Dad was working until I brought him a newspaper. 
Now back to my knitting. 

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The hat is beautiful. I just love intarsia designs. Lucy has stolen my heart. I just love her.