Tuesday, May 25, 2021

I’m Brioching

Mr. Canada Post brought us two boxes this morning. The first was from Atenti. This is the Viola Maxi Tote.
Atenti bags are lovingly made in the US. The workmanship is amazing. I have many Atenti bags (with a few more being added to my collection soon šŸ˜˜) and they stand up to use and abuse.

You can fit a lot of yarn in this bag.
The Flora Sophia is so cute. It will fit your wallet, phone, car keys and a ball of yarn. It can be a knitting bag or you can use it as a purse.

What a bag. Meet the Flora Overnight bag. I am obsessed with this fabric. It looks great in the pictures and even better in real life.



Lynn thought that she was going to make it without me finding out.

The second box was a restock of Addi needles. We have some needle sets back in stock. The original Addi Click Turbos and Addi Click Short Rockets. We also have a new set of Addi cords. 
There are 6 lengths in the package.

I started my Cinnabar yesterday afternoon. I should have listened to my instincts and gone down a needle size. I knit just a bit loose and Brioche needs to be knit tighter. I’m going to start again from the other end of the balls to see what it looks like on a 3.5mm needle.

The top piece (with purple) was the original on 4mm needles. You can see that the garter stitch edging is loose and ugly. The Brioche is loose as well. I’m much happier with the 3.5mm needle - below.




The increases (circled in green) are much neater on the smaller needle. Since these lines are going to run through the whole shawl I don’t want them to be loose and sloppy.

Andrea writes a great pattern that is easy to follow. After a while Brioche becomes very instinctive. Take a few minutes and look at Nancy Marchant’s website. She has great instructions on Brioche. I learned a lot by reading through her information on 2 coloured Brioche.

Now it’s time to knit!

No comments: