Saturday, May 22, 2021

What?!

Thank you Jennifer for sharing pictures. Your shawl is beautiful. This pattern has been in my library since Andrea introduced it as a mystery shawl in 2017. You have inspired me to start thinking about colours.

When I read your blog re wanting to knit brioche again, I thought I would send you photos of my recent brioche venture.  It is Andrea Mowry's What the Fade.  This is the second time I knit this shawl, (very unusual for me to knit the same shawl twice).  It is 100% from my stash.
HH Coral
HH Leibling 
HH potluck
Mad Tosh Night in Chile 
Mad Tosh Caledon 
Life in the long grass Barefoot 

Something I learned on this knit, according to Andrea, you shouldn't block brioche!! Apparently blocking it will make it grow too much.  So I steamed it as she says to, and it looks great.

Here is Andrea’s What the Fade?!

Photos © Andrea Mowry

Quadruple your fading fun!! This shawl starts off with back to back fades thanks to beautiful, bouncy two color brioche! We then end with an epic band of all 6 colors faded together with some relaxing garter stitch! To celebrate this amazing fade, we’ll finish it off with faded tassels, and then wrap it around and wear it all year long! Included in the pattern are links to helpful video tutorials!

You can purchase the pattern on Andrea’s website. 



Some of you might be afraid of Brioche. Grab some needles and scrap yarn and try it. There are free patterns on Ravelry.

Andrea has many YouTube videos for brioche.

I looked at some finished What the Fade?! Shawls on Ravelry and one caught my eye. The knitter used Skinny Singles. I should have reversed the order in my picture. It starts with 

Deja Vu (bottom left), Cereal, Bloom, Taffy, Leibling and Ozone.

Then I continued looking and fell down the Ravelry rabbit hole. I saved 9 different shawls that called to me. 

Thanks Jennifer - I thought I was set on Cinnabar (the yarn is sitting beside my knitting chair) but now I might want to make this first. 

No comments: