Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Linen

We received a restock of BC Garn Lino today. I looked around on Ravelry for patterns and came across this sweater by Joji. I’m not familiar with this sweater - it’s gorgeous. Many people have knit this sweater in Lino - long sleeved and short sleeved.

Linho is a simple summer pullover worked in linen yarn, with a delicate lace front. 
It’s worked from the top down, seamlessly in the round, and it has short row shaping at the neck for a better and more flattering fit.  
My talented friend Jonna, one of the makers of Laine Magazine, took these photos in the beautiful Portuguese Coast, while spending time together at a knitting retreat. It was such a magical moment, that we decided to name this pattern Linho, the Portuguese word for Linen.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. 

Photos © Joji Locatelli




 
Linen at its best! Lino is a shiny and at the same time a bit rustic linen yarn.
Lino is suitable for hand knitting, weaving and machine knitting. The more linen is used, the softer and beautiful it becomes.
By the way, the linen is from Italy, it is spun and dyed in Serbia.

See all our colours.

Knitters have been using Lino to make market bags. There are a few patterns on Ravelry including Ilene.

Mr. FedEx did not come with books today. They are still in Quebec. Maybe tomorrow?

I’m on the homestretch of Nightshift. I think I have about 20 more rows. Beth is calling me that The Masked Singer is on. Back to the knitting. 

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, I love that sweater. The yarn and design are so perfect for summer.