Sale Saturday September 14th

Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Happy Tuesday

Here are some more suggestions for Rowan Felted Tweed. If you missed it the yarn is on sale until Monday evening.

This is Gemma (pattern purchased on Ravelry) that you can knit with Felted Tweed or Kidsilk Haze.

The pattern for the Textured Cardigan is free on Ravelry.
You can purchase the pattern for Martha on Ravelry.
Tilt is a free pattern on Ravelry.

While cleaning out my dad’s basement we found three huge crates full of hand knit sweaters. These were store sample and they have all been donated. I knit the little fairisle cardigan - you might remember Mission Falls and their amazing baby patterns. 

I’m home with the dogs today. Dad and Beth have gone up north to close up the cottage. Two Sundays ago they called from the marina that our boat was sinking. They pulled it out of the water on Monday (by forklift) and found that there was no damage to the pontoons. There are holes in the top of the pontoons that are supposed to have stoppers in them - they were missing on one pontoon. This caused rain to get in and there was no way for the water to drain out. Everything is fixed but they didn’t put the boat back in the water because they would be pulling it out this week to store for the winter. The marina is lending them a boat to get to the cottage for the day. That meant no dogs at the cottage. They are very sad.


Yesterday was errand day. I’m tired when I think about everything I did

  • I went to the store and packed mail orders (there were a lot-thank you very much)
  • Stops at UPS and Canada Post to drop of boxes
  • Home Depot to get some things that Beth needed to close the cottage
  • Sobeys for groceries
  • Indigo for Beth - she is going on a cruise next week and needed new books
  • A stop at my dad’s for the last bit of cleaning
  • Back into Ancaster to pick up dog food at the vets
  • Denningers 
  • Swiss Chalet to bring home dinner
After all this I was way too tired to write. I barely knit and was in bed early.

Today I have been cleaning. We are hoping to get our house listed at the beginning of November because we bought a house. It isn’t far from where we live now and it’s the perfect location for dad and Beth to get to work and it’s maybe 5 minutes longer for me. Now the rush is on!

I didn’t think I had a large yarn stash at home but I do. And lots of projects to finish 😂. 
Here are a few pictures of the new house.



Now I need to get back to tidying/boxing things up/adding to the donation pile.

No comments: