Sale Saturday September 14th

Thursday, October 24, 2024

Diamond Shaped Shawl

Joji has a new one skein shawl pattern called Hallgrimskirkja Shawl. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

In August 2024, I took a trip to one of my favorite places in the world: Iceland. It wasn’t just the destination that made it special; I was traveling with my best friend, who is also a knitter. 

Our plan was to spend a day in Reykjavik before embarking on a four-day backpacking adventure in the highlands. Naturally, at the last minute, I realized I didn’t have a knitting project for the trail. 

While on the bus to the trailhead, inspiration struck: I was captivated by Reykjavik’s iconic Hallgrímskirkja church and decided to design a one-skein shawl, drawing from the beautiful shapes of this remarkable building.

This is a diamond shaped shawl, worked from tip to tip. The instructions and progress of the work are written in sections, which makes for a lengthy pattern. However, you’ll soon see this is a really simple and easy to follow design. 









We have new Rasta colours coming next week. I am so excited - the pictures look amazing and I bet they are even better in real life.

There will be 6 semi solid shades as well. These will go online in the next few days.

Rose sent a picture of her Flight & Delight hat that she knit for her daughter. Isabelle loves her new hat. The pattern is free on Ravelry and is knit with a Woolstok Bundle from Blue Sky Fibers.

Now I need to do some website updating. We received a huge order of Cascade 220 Superwash Merino. The new yarn Cantata arrived today as well.

No comments: