Sale Saturday September 14th

Thursday, October 10, 2024

Douglas Cardi

Lynn came in today wearing her Douglas Cardi knit out of Cascade 220 Heathers. You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry. Lynn knit the 3rd size. 

From the designer Andrea Mowry
The Douglas Cardi is a grandpa-style cardigan complete with stripes, big pockets, and a relaxed fit. Named for my father, who is now fondly known as Grandpa Doug to my kiddos, it reminds me of when I spruced up my school uniform with my own grandpa’s golfing cardigan when I was in middle school. I love to amp up my cozy with this sweater no matter the outfit! This sweater is knit from the bottom up with afterthought pockets and a sewn on button band.
We have kits online including Lynn’s colourway.



Mr. UPS brought 4 big boxes of yarn this morning. Lynn has spent the day unpacking the boxes and trying to put the yarn away.
2 boxes were from Malabrigo. I have part of the order online already - we received lots of Washted. As Lynn was unpacking the box I was taking pictures for Traveler Shawl kits. These are online and hanging in the store. The kit pictures are the actual skeins that you will receive.
You can purchase the pattern for the Traveler Shawl on Ravelry. I’ve knit the shawl twice and have two more on the needles. I enjoyed knitting it. 






Tanis Lavallee has a new pattern. These are the Dress Code Socks - pattern purchased on Ravelry.
Thick stripes, thin stripes, horizontal, vertical. These socks have it all for my fellow stripe lovers! Heck, why not throw a sweet cable down the heel too for a little fun. These were a really rewarding “design as you go” project for me. I just started knitting a comfy ribbed sock and decided to see where the stripes would take me. My original prototype was knit using a Sock Set with only 1 contrast colour, but when it came time to work up the official pattern sample you know I had to have a bit more fun with colour!

These are great for knitters who have bits of yarn left over from socks or shawls that you have knit. 


It’s another busy TV evening. Baseball, hockey and football. I’m off to knit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure visiting The Needle Emporium. Thank you for your help with selecting colours for a shawl I was inspired to make. The store samples are so incredibly interesting and I’m delighted to start the Butterfly pattern. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lois Evensen said...

Ah, yes, sweaters, shawls, socks. My favorite time of the year. Lovely!