Sale Saturday September 14th

Monday, October 14, 2024

Granny Squares

Today we spent time at dad’s getting everything out of his townhouse. We found a big box of pictures hidden away. None of us knew that mom had these. When we were little mom crocheted us granny square ponchos.

Mom and dad said that whenever we wore them everyone commented on how cute we were. 

We were way ahead of our time. Granny squares are huge now.

This is Jethro by Tanis Lavallee (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
I am not over Granny squares. My love for them is still full blown. It’s so deeply rooted that granny squares have become my new sock project. The project that is always sitting in a basket beside my knitting nook ready to be grabbed at any moment for a few quick stitches. This cardigan is my ode to my favourite colour palette done up in my current favourite Granny Squares. A match made in heaven.

My mom would definitely have her hook going making the cardigan. 





This is Tanis’ Fleetwood (pattern purchased on Ravelry).
I have had the idea for this sweater in my mind (and in my heart!) for years but I was too daunted by the unknowns of combining crochet with knitting to tackle it. Well, now that I’ve done it, I don’t know what I was afraid of! These sister crafts were meant to work together and I am beyond thrilled with the results. This sweater combines just the right amount of unique challenges with easy, mindless stockinette stitch. I’m in my Granny era and I love it!

Now it’s time to relax. My arms are sore from carrying bags.

No comments: