Sale Saturday September 14th

Tuesday, October 08, 2024

Madelinetosh Twist Light

I was in the store to ship more boxes (thanks to everyone who ordered) and I was looking for something. 

I didn’t find what I needed but I did find a bag of Madelinetosh Twist Light. These skeins weren’t on the website but they are there now. 

The magic of simple slipped stitches and clever shaping come together to make a one-of-a-kind cowl that is just as fun to knit as it is to wear! This cowl is worked flat on the bias, and then seamed.

Andrea Mowry introduced a new pattern today. This is the Night & Day Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry). 



Andrea used a woolen spun yarn for her cowl. Here is a great video from Carol Feller explaining the difference between worsted spun and woolen spun yarn.

Finished cowls on Ravelry were knit with a variety of yarns - worsted spun and woolen spun.

Dad’s condo closes at the end of the month so we are working on getting everything packed. Beth and I spent an hour there today going through things. Tomorrow I’m booking the movers (everything will go into storage) and then we need to start making boxes to donate and boxes for the dump. We’re still searching for a new house but it has to be the right house. We aren’t moving to move.

I’m early today. I can’t decide if I’m going to knit or if I’m going for a nap.

No comments: