Friday, December 03, 2021

New Patterns

Joji has a new shawl pattern called The Collective Shawl.

Photos © Joji Locatelli

This shawl was born during a live conversation with the knitting community.  

I asked for advice and opinions and together we came up with this beautiful, collective shawl for me to work on. 

One of my favorite things to do is interact with the community of knitters.I understand it is not as easy as it used to be, there is so much to watch and so much to pay attention to throughout the day… but I am lucky I still get to share my videos on youtube and chat with viewers. 
During one of those videos, a live one, I mentioned I wanted to start a new design/project and, together with everyone watching, I realized for a long time I’ve wanted to design something that:

  • is a one skein project (most people have so many of these!)
  • used leftovers (and these!)
  • uses some basic brioche stitch. An entry level project for those who want to try it. This collective shawl fits all the bills, plus it’s a really fun project to knit with an irregular triangle shape.

Knitted from tip to tip, it alternates bands of brioche (switching the color dominance at the center) and garter stitch.

You can purchase the pattern 

- on Ravelry

- on Joji’s website






Jennifer Steingass has a new pattern out today. The sweater is called Norwood. 

Norwood is inspired by the exposed branches of trees in the winter. This sweater is worked seamlessly and from the top down. Try on as you go and choose your ideal length. Options for both short and long sleeves are included. This pattern calls for 2 colors of yarn for easy stranded colorwork. For inspiration, you can check test knitter projects for a variety of creative color combos.

Jennifer used Le Petit Lambswool for her sweater. We have colours in stock with more coming on Monday. 

Photos © Jennifer Steingass

You can purchase the pattern 



I laid out a few colour suggestions this morning using Le Petit Lambswool and Dyed in the Wool. The first two sizes will use one skein of Dyed in the Wool. The rest of the sizes will used two skeins.
Light Grey with Rusted Rainbow
Grey Beige with Idle Nights
Dark Blue Green with Miss Me
Light Grey with Absolute Zero


The cords are not coming today - should be on Monday.
They have made it to North America so I am going to make them live on the website at 8pm tonight.

Here are the colours - going counterclockwise 
Black
Brown
Red
Orange
Yellow
Light Green
Dark Green
Light Blue
Blue
Violet
Mauve
Fuchsia
Pink
White

I can’t add the individual colours to the website until they arrive. I need to open up each tin and take pictures.

Yes, I’m really early today. I sat down in the store and wrote. The last few posts have been completed late at night. This might give me some time to knit after dinner.

No comments: