Saturday, December 11, 2021

Cowls

Lynn walked in this morning and said ‘I can’t believe it’s two weeks until Christmas’. Yikes. Do you have some last minute knitting to do? Or maybe you need an easy project to work on at night because you have too much going on for a big project.
The Pritchard Park Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is knit with 2 skeins of Malabrigo Rasta. 
This quick knit blends squishy garter stitch and rhythmic slipped stitches for a simple mosaic design. As either a snuggly cowl or cozy infinity scarf, this gratifying knit is the perfect accessory for those chilly winter days! Work with two complimentary colours for a subtle colour blend, or two high contrast colours for a more dramatic effect.
This is the Pritchard Park Hat (pattern purchased on Ravelry)

Pattern: Textured Cowl (Purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: one skein of Rasta in the colour Anzules
Needles: 15mm

Pattern Changes: I cast on 42 stitches instead of the 48 that the pattern called for and worked four full repeats.

Beth knit this cowl a few years ago but here is the story behind it. 

Last week I took home a skein of Malabrigo Rasta and was going to knit a cowl. The colour has been calling my name. I was working on Thursday afternoon when the phone rang. "I'm home from work and my scarf is finished. There is a skein of Rasta on the counter. What is it for? Can I use it? I left my iPad at mom and dad's so I'm using yours. And I'm logged into your Ravelry account. You have a cowl in your favourites called the Textured Cowl. Can I use the skein and make that?" There went my skein. Beth made the cowl and I love the colours even more.

This is the Checkerboard Cowl and we give you the pattern when you purchase the yarn. One skein of Rasta and 15mm needles.



This is Clementine - a cowl knit with 2 colours of Dyed in the Wool

I was playing with Dyed in the Wool yesterday and put some kits together.

Dad and I went shopping this week for Christmas planters. They were delivered to our house today and then dad brought them to the store. They looked pretty outside until the wind started. I had to drag them into the store before I closed. One had blown over and the other was very windswept.

Lucy eats lying down. Yes, she is that lazy. Jackson watches just in case Lucy spits out a kernel or two.

No comments: